Henrietta Maria Dress / Top
The Henrietta Maria is a versatile, wear-anywhere trans-seasonal shift dress or top, with full raglan sleeves and cunning pleats that shape the neckline and sleeve hems. The top can be made with a straight or shaped hemline. The dress has set-in side pockets.
Dress it up for evening in chiffon and satin, make it as your go-to summer wear in cottons or viscose (rayon), or effortless winter office wear in wool crepe. Worn loose, the top and dress are great on straight figures. Belted or tucked in, they flatter the most bodacious of curves.
The Henrietta Maria works best in fabrics with good draping qualities, such as lightweight wool crepes; viscose crepes; silk & synthetic crepe de chine; lightweight draping cottons such as cotton voile; and wool, viscose & cotton challis. Silk or synthetic charmeuse satins, chiffons and georgettes also work well, but are trickier to work with.
About your PDF:
This pattern is a digital download. Once you complete your purchase you’ll be sent an email with a link to download a zip file containing your printable files. You’ll need to open it on a computer: the zip file will not open on phones and tablets.
The Henrietta Maria zip contains the following files:
- Full Instructions: 12 pages
- Streamlined Instructions: 5 pages
- Print-At-Home Pattern: 35 pages
- Copyshop Pattern: 2 A0 pages
- Printing Instructions: 1 page
Tutorials and Pattern Hacks:
- How to add an elastic waistband to the Henrietta Maria
- How to sew lace edge finishes (for the Henrietta Maria & more)
- How to add a drawstring waistband to the Henrietta Maria