Miramar Dress / Top / Tunic
The Miramar dress, top, & tunic bring together super-easy knit sewing and design features that makes them just a bit more elegant than a T-shirt, while being just as comfortable to wear. All three garments feature a V-neck with self-collar, and short or 3/4 length cut-on sleeves. The top sits at mid-hip, and the tunic at mid-thigh. The dress loosens below the hips to form a softly flared skirt that ends at the knee.
The Miramar is a perfect introduction to sewing with knits. It is also a satisfyingly quick make for the more experienced sewist.
The Miramar is designed for midweight knits - cotton, wool, rayon, and polyester - with at least 30% stretch in both directions (four-way stretch). Fabrics should stretch from at least 10cm to 13cm along the width AND the length. Otherwise the garment will bind around the arms. Fabrics with soft stretch, rather than firm stretch, work best. Stripes are not recommended. Additional fabric length is required for directional prints.
About your PDF:
This pattern is a digital download. Once you complete your purchase you’ll be sent an email with a link to download a zip file containing your printable files. You’ll need to open it on a computer: the zip file will not open on phones and tablets.
The Miramar zip contains the following files:
- Full Instructions: 10 pages
- Streamlined Instructions: 4 pages
- Print-At-Home Pattern: 31 pages
- Copyshop Pattern: 3 A0 pages
- Printing Instructions: 2 pages
Tutorials and Pattern Hacks:
- Four ways to sew knit fabrics (or, why you definitely don't need a serger for the Miramar!)
- Sewing knit fabrics with a straight stitch
- A tale of three tees: picking knit fabrics